DLC, an Addison Group Company, is adding talent to its Orange County-based team of Senior Accountant Consultants!
We are currently seeking experienced Senior Accountant Consultants who want to join a fantastic team of talented Consultants, tasked with supporting our clients in a wide range of interim and project-based Accounting needs.
DLC currently serves our clients out of six offices in Chicago, Northern California and Southern California. Our Los Angeles clients include Sony Pictures, Warner Bros., Disney, DreamWorks Animation, Paramount Pictures, East West Bank, Union Bank, Kubota USA, Amgen, Nestle, 99 Cent Stores, Toyota Motor Sales, and a multitude of venture capital firms, hedge funds and private equity firms.
Our Consultants have a background in Financial Planning & Analysis, a CPA background or a blend of both. As a DLC Consultant, you will provide solutions across a wide variety of industries, companies, and functional disciplines. Daily, you will work directly with finance and operating executives for the clients we serve.
FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS
- Preparation of annual operating plans
- Quarterly re-forecasting; Development of multi-year strategic plans
- Analysis of product line, channel and customer profitability
- Evaluation of marketing and advertising ROI
- Refinement of cost allocation methodologies
- R&D budgeting
- Cost-to-serve analysis
- Development of complex forecasting tools
- Pricing analysis
- Acquisition and divestiture analysis
- Capital expense planning and analysis
FINANCIAL SYSTEMS IMPLEMENTATION
- Define software requirements
- Manage software selection process
- Act as functional lead in implementation of financial systems or product upgrades
- Serve as liaison between IT and Finance/Accounting functions; Design and map chart of accounts
- Develop and execute test scripts
- Design financial reports using system or bolt-on reporting tools
- Identify and implement “quick hit” process improvements
- Perform post-implementation troubleshooting
PROCESS DOCUMENTATION AND REDESIGN
- Develop “as is” process narratives and flow charts
- Implement best practice recommendations
- Align processes with capabilities of new systems
- Ensure processes are compliant with external regulation
INTERIM OR “GAP” FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Provide interim financial management when positions are impacted by growth, re-organization, merger, acquisition, or relocation
- Evaluate job description and job content
- Document desk-level processes
- Identify and implement productivity opportunities
- Assess efficiency of workflow
- Develop current and accurate position descriptions
- Train newly hired staff
- Analyze and document project objectives and requirements
- Scope project, identify resource requirements, articulate deliverables and develop timetables
- Create project and communication plans
- Coordinate efforts of internal process owners and subject matter experts
- Develop contingency plans to eliminate obstacles to on-time and on-budget completion of the project
- Distinguished academic and professional career
- Big 4/6/8 CPA and/or an MBA from a top 25 program.
- Experience working inside the Fortune 1000
- Strong knowledge of Finance and Accounting
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approximately 5 to 12 years of overall experience
- Advanced hands-on experience with at least one major ERP system such as, SAP, Oracle, Cognos, Great Plains, etc.
- Systems Implementation experience highly desirable
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and proficient in other standard workplace applications, including Microsoft Word and Outlook
All DLC employees are eligible for benefits following a qualification period including health insurance and retirement plans.
We are firm believers in achieving a healthy work-life balance – offering results-oriented work hours and flexible vacation packages.