DLC, an Addison Group Company, is adding talent to its San Francisco-based team of Senior Accountant Consultants!
We are currently seeking experienced Senior Accountant Consultants who want to join a fantastic team of talented Consultants, tasked with supporting our clients in a wide range of interim and project-based Accounting needs.
DLC currently serves our clients out of four offices in Chicago, Northern California and Southern California. Our Bay Area clients include Yahoo, Google, Union Bank, Levi s, Genentech, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Applied Materials, Cisco Systems, Juniper Networks, Salesforce, Dreyer’s Ice Cream and a multitude of venture capital firms, hedge funds and private equity firms.
Our Consultants have a background in Financial Planning & Analysis, a CPA background or a blend of both. As a DLC Consultant, you will provide solutions across a wide variety of industries, companies, and functional disciplines. Daily, you will work directly with finance and operating executives for the clients we serve.
- Drive the month-end and quarter-end close process which includes but not limited to preparing and/or reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations, such as (i) various accrued expenses, (ii) fixed assets and intangible assets, (iii) prepaid expenses, (iv) equity related activity, and (v) various cash and investment activities.
- Prepare quarterly and annual SEC filings (i.e., 10-Qs and 10-K) which includes generating and compiling supporting documentation.
- Prepare audit schedules for the quarterly review and annual audit.
- Research and documentation of technical accounting issues.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Sarbanes Oxley Rule 404 internal control environment.
- Promote and encourage process improvement.
- Participate in monthly budget vs. actual meeting with the financial planning and analysis group and investigate variances as needed.
- Supervise members of the accounting team.
Experience & Requirements
Experience & Skills
- Bachelors in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus
- 5 to 7 years of public accounting experience within a Big 4, or 5 years of corporate accounting experience
- CPA certification
- Experience drafting SEC filings (10-Qs and 10-Ks)
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Ability to research complex accounting transactions and communicate applicable accounting guidance
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control compliance and required documentation preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and manage individuals.
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Must be willing to develop and grow with the company and have the desire to take on more responsibility
- Advanced hands on experience with at least one major ERP system such as, SAP, Oracle, Cognos, Great Plains, etc.
- Systems Implementation experience preferred but not required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and proficient in other standard workplace applications, including Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Distinguished academic and professional careers
- Strong knowledge of accounting, strong analytical capabilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5 to 12 years of overall experience
- SEC Reporting, 10-Q, 10-K, Technical Accounting, Revenue Recognition, Audit, SOX Compliance and SOX Testing are highly desired skills
DLC is a progressive company comprised of top talent in the accounting and finance industry—a team of motivated professionals who have accelerated their careers through diversity of experience, expertise and industry. Visionaries, thinkers and doers with a reputation for having an impact, making it happen, and dramatically influencing how companies move forward.
We recognize that the growth of our firm is inextricably linked to the personal and professional development of our employees. As such, we have created a culture that assigns great value to training and development (we offer over 1000 courses), diversity of thought, and continuous improvement.
All DLC employees are eligible for benefits following a qualification period including health insurance and retirement plans.
We are firm believers in achieving a healthy work-life balance – offering results-oriented work hours and flexible vacation packages.