Satisfaction and Productivity Boosting Perks03/18/2019
Perks are employee incentives not tied to salary and benefit contracts. Perk fads come and go, allowing you to swap out less desired ones for those that promise productivity and satisfaction.
A Look at What Perks Offer Your Company
You want to assure that investing in perks offers paybacks that exceed the company’s financial outlay.
Benefits to your business:
- Improve company performance
- Increased recruitment and retention
- Absenteeism Reduction
- Improved employee engagement and customer satisfaction
Perks Benefit Employees
Create an engaged, productive team by boosting employee well-being.
- Improved physical and emotional health
- Increased energy
- Positive work-life balance
- Feeling valued by the organization
Perk Picks: What’s Trending
Here’s a selection and what’s been shared about each perk’s preference:
- Natural light: Increases energy and attention; reduces eyestrain and fatigue.
- Skill development and workplace education: Employee feels valued while learning.
- Flexed schedule: Aids with work-life balance, caring for family, and preferred work hours.
- Plants and artwork: Add natural and creative touches that soften the work setting.
- Remote work hours: Increases productivity as it balances with an employee’s family roles.
- Wellness options: Keeping fit at work boosts morale and energy levels.
- Pets at work: Create calm and caring for owners and colleagues.
- Extended summer weekends: No explanation needed!
- Paid and personal time off bonuses: Supports multiple family and personal commitments.
Engage Employees in Perk Selection
The simple act of asking for employee ideas and input leads to employee engagement. When you implement perks they have selected, workplace loyalty grows. Ways to learn more about the perks that capture employee interest are:
- Brain-storming sessions
- Team challenges: Each team proposes a perk, describing the benefits for them and the company, along with anticipated costs.
- A perk idea board on which employees add comments to those posted.
- Ask employees to perk track by sharing what they like or don’t about each one the team has chosen.